Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I got muddy

I am only posting this because Burke paid $5 (and complained about it LOTS) to come watch and take pictures, and he got some good ones, so it only seems right that we should share.

The weekend before last I ran in a mud run. It was literally only 10 minutes away from our apartment, and some girls from church were doing it, so I joined in. It wasn't your Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash or whatever those other mud runs are; it certainly wasn't hardcore like I thought a mud run might be. But it was fun! I love races, so a race with friends and mud was a win-win-win.

For some reason I felt zero pre-race jitters this time. See, it was low-key.

The obstacles were fun. This one was a series of things to climb over and crawl under.


Mostly it was fun to do the obstacles with the group. There was usually a little bit of a back-up waiting for the obstacles. This one was called fish nets. 


I have no idea why I was the delayed one.
Or why I ended up going completely under water
Or why I was never as muddy as everyone else on my team. They kept helping me.


One last mud bath before the finish line.

See how much fun we had?

No comments:

Post a Comment