Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Catching up

Burke and I finished up at BYU, Burke in April and I in June, and we moved to Appleton, Wisconsin. Burke's got a good job at an insurance company and he's working in internal consulting/continuous improvement, which he likes a lot. I recently started working at an assisted living center doing CNA work. My job is part-time, 2nd shift, and they don't pay me much, so not ideal, especially since we share a car which makes transportation a major issue. We are in the same ward as Burke's family, which is fun, and we live less than 10 minutes away from them in an apartment. I applied to 10 PA programs all over the place back in May and I'm starting to hear back. We'll be moving somewhere if all of that pans out, because there are no PA programs within an hour and a half of here and the programs in Wisconsin all wanted classes I didn't have time to take. We are anxious about the next phase in our lives (mostly about making up our minds about it) but really enjoying this current phase. We are staying surprisingly busy and happy. We miss Utah some, especially now that school is back in full swing and we aren't there. But it's kind of nice, too. Mostly we miss so many friends and family in Utah, North Carolina, and all over. Maybe this will help us keep in touch better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment