Monday, September 6, 2010

It's Official--I'm going to PA School...

...And now the question is, where?

This whole process has been very different than I expected. I completed 9 applications for PA programs, and so far I have been invited to interview at 8 of them. It's been pretty overwhelming, actually, especially because interviewing involves buying a plane ticket, hotel, transportation, etc. Finally we were able to narrow it down some and cross Philadelphia University, Missouri State University, and Barry University off the list. I'm going back to North Carolina this weekend for an interview at Wake Forest University on Monday. I'm still interested in AT Still in Arizona and Rosalind Franklin in Chicago.

Last week I was accepted to the PA program at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Their program starts in January, and they are the most expensive program I applied to, but I loved their program and we think Norfolk, VA would be a great place to live. We don't know yet when we'll have to decide for sure and pay a deposit to claim my spot, but in the meantime we're exploring a few other options.

All I can say is, I am so grateful that the Lord hears and answers our prayers. Without that, this process would be a whole different issue. With that gift, I know we can make the choice that will be best for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment