Saturday, April 2, 2011

Our (almost) Free Friday Date


Burke and I had a real nice date night last night, and it was almost free!!

Almost, because I bought a "livingsocial" coupon for a Mexican restaurant. So we paid $12 a few weeks ago and had a $25 coupon to spend on dinner. So, it felt free....until we paid tax and tip anyway. Ha.

The hockey game, however, was free because a guy in our ward had some extra tickets and offered them to us yesterday. So in this case, we actually did go for free. (Thanks, Dave!)

So the Mexican restaurant we went to turned out to be FANTASTIC. Great food. With a big dance floor. And salsa lessons on Wednesday nights. ;) But it was awesome.

And the game? So we all stand up for the national anthem and the lady behind us says excitedly, "Oh, I hope it's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!" What? And sure enough, MoTab pops up on the screen singing the national anthem. It was beautiful and I loved it, but really? How did she call that? Do they use that recording often or something? Very surprising. (I realized later that they must be using it to advertise for the concert that the Choir will be doing in June at that very arena.)

Eh, so the Norfolk Admirals are not so great. They lost 6 to 3. "MoTab Fan" behind us screamed the whole game long, "Charge the net! You've got to shoot it, for pete's sake! Quit being such idiots!" and several other lovely phrases. It was actually pretty funny, albeit annoying, but at least she wasn't cussing. Hockey fans are in general a little harsher than most other fans I've seen. Everything was negative the whole game long. (Of course, we were losing.) Not to mention the violence. At least this game had quite a bit less fighting than the other hockey game we've been to.

(By the way, I hope our kids don't ask to play hockey.)

So, it's not my favorite sport, but I had a great time going and hanging out with my best friend. And it was free. :)

Thanks for the great date, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment