Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So proud

Last week was a hard week, culminating in an especially hard Friday. I needed the weekend bad. I was a little bummed that 15 hours of that weekend would be spent driving, but I knew it would be worth it. And was it ever!

We drove to NC after school on Friday. After the nasty Norfolk traffic it's a beautiful, albeit long, drive. We met my parents for a late Brazilian Buffet dinner in Greensboro, went to their house, and crashed. On Saturday we were up early and out the door. Aaron, Mom, Dad, Burke and I drove down to Columbia, SC to go to the temple for Aaron's first time. Our Grandma and Grandpa were able to make it too. The NC temple was closed, so Aaron decided it was worth the drive to SC to do it on the day that Burke and I could be there too, even though many others couldn't. And I am oh-so-grateful. It was an exceptionally wonderful day for me. There is just something indescribably joyful about being in the temple with some of the people I love the most, and knowing that we will be together for eternity! It's also so joyful to see someone I love so much make the decision and the sacrifices necessary to be there.

On Sunday, church was really awesome. The best part, of course, was Aaron's sweet talk. He did such a good job and I just felt so happy and so proud that he's my brother. He has just grown right up and he's going to be such a wonderful missionary. It's been a long time since my family has had a missionary out, and we'll miss him lots. But he's out to help people have the joy that I experience on a daily basis, and I am so proud!

When the weekend was over, we were exhausted, had a messy house, were out of food, and I had yet another test to cram for. And yet, I felt rejuvenated. I think it was the joy.

1 comment:

  1. We finally found your blog...and oh so happy about it! What a beautiful life you share with Burke! I loved looking through the posts...about happiness and progress...and everything good! We love you guys! Have a great summer!!!

    ReplyDelete