Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh Hallelujah, July is here

...That's what I said on Friday. As I mentioned in my last post, June was very busy and by the end of last week I was verging on burned out. But we made it to July, a 3 day weekend, and a week with zero, count 'em, zero tests! Here are a few highlights/changes that June brought:

--The Mormon Tabernacle Choir came to Norfolk! Everyone was making a super big deal about it and encouraging everyone to go, and I was kind of like, "What's the big deal? I've seen the Choir a million times," because in the 4 years I lived in Utah I went to several sessions of general conference. This, however, was not general conference. It was a real fun concert, and it was totally worth the stress it caused me to not get home until almost 11 the night before an 8am Clinical Medicine test. They sang lots of cool songs and I loved it. If I had the talent to sing in that choir, I think someday I'd do it.

--My mom had a birthday on the 23rd, so we schemed with my Daddy to come home and surprise her the next day. And it worked! She was surprised! We brought her a cake and had a party. It was so fun and it helped me get through my week because I had something to look forward to! The next day we played an awesome game of doubles tennis, went to the temple in Raleigh, and then came on home. A short trip, but sweet.


--Burke was called to be the new Young Men's president at church. I know he'll do a great job. He was pretty nervous but excited, and he's jumping in right in the middle of the high adventure/scout camp/youth conference summer craziness. I am desperately missing him in the nursery, and so far he still hasn't been replaced. We have heard a pretty reliable rumor that nursery is a 6-month only calling in our ward. I haven't reminded anyone that my 6 months are now up. I have mixed feelings about leaving nursery, so we'll just wait and see.


--Last Thursday we very spontaneously drove down to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront for a free concert. It was the band Carbon Leaf, and Burke and I had only ever heard a couple of their songs. One of them, "Life Less Ordinary," brings back all kinds of memories of when we were dating. I guess we lucked out and completely loved the show. I'm thinking we really should go to concerts more often because they are so fun, especially if they're free.
And then July came. Hallelujah.


Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment