Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wedding Weekend

I still haven't recovered from our 4-day trip to Utah last weekend, but it was absolutely wonderful. It was a whirlwind, and definitely not long enough.

It was a beautiful wedding at the Brigham City temple. That particular temple had special significance because our new brother-in-law's father carved much of the intricate wood decorating the interior of the temple. It's amazingly beautiful, by the way. The happy couple were too!


It was so much fun to be together with Burke's fam, as usual, but it was also really great to see his extended family we hadn't seen in a while. At the reception I got to see a couple of old BYU friends, plus meet a bunch of Burke's old family friends that I had heard about but never met.


We spent a little time with Aunt Janeen's family, and Burke and those 4 boys (that aren't so little anymore) found new ways to rough-house, giving Burke a nice workout, as usual. 

We sure had a blast sledding! 



Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house, which will always be held as one of my favorite places in the whole wide world, and enjoyed some time with Grandma and Grandpa. 


Thanks so much for letting us stay with you! We love you both so much and miss our more frequent visits!!


 Now if only this girl would come out east.

Looking forward to that trip really helped me get through my last rotation. I would be surprised if Burke and I ever moved back to Utah, but we're going to have to keep visiting every so often. There are just too many important people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment