Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three things we love

Here are three of life's little joys that have been getting us through the day lately:

Jake Shimabukuro


Burke introduced me to this ukulele-playing master a long time ago, and recently I have rediscovered his genius through Pandora. My Jake station is my most used study music, selecting from instrumental-only albums (all uke and acoustic guitar) with feel-good titles like "Everything Under The Sun," "Not All Who Wander Are Lost," and "Good Day Sunshine." For a while there I would write down song titles I wanted to buy on i-tunes, but they just kept coming! So usually I just listen to Pandora, and love every minute. I'm pretty sure I've never "thumbs-downed" any song that came up, which is a pretty good record if you ask me. I love that Burke introduced me to this music that makes my heart happy. Some of our favorites are Jake's "Crazy G (live)," his "Beat of My Heart," "Be Still My Soul" by Paul Johnson, and "Canon" by Trace Bundy (thanks to Clark!).


Rodney Yee


I was talking to one of my friends at school about yoga and she recommended some videos by Rodney Yee. I went right home and bought two on Amazon, cause I was so anxious to do yoga again and certainly couldn't afford the classes. I started doing AM Yoga, 20 minute sessions "for every day of the week." OK, besides studying the scriptures and praying, I can't think of any better way to start the day. They are lovely. I also got a steal on Rodney's "Power Yoga Collection," which has 3 hour-long sessions. I don't do these as often but when I do I get nice and sore. But I love them.

And the best part is, Burke started doing it with me and now he loves Rodney too. He's so excited about how much improvement he's already seeing in his flexibility!


Blue Bunny Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Ok it was actually kind of a fluke that we bought this specific ice cream (we usually only buy generic brand!!) and it didn't even last a week, but really it's an almost nightly dose of ice cream in general that's been getting us through. However, mint chocolate chip IS my favorite flavor, and Blue Bunny IS the most delicious brand of it I think I've ever tried. Dee-vine. Really.


Whatever it takes to get you through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment