Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Enchiladas Verdes

This really is nothing too special, but a few weeks ago I got a hankering for some enchiladas verdes so I purchased a big can of green sauce and made up some enchiladas. They turned out so delicious that I decided I needed to make it again and measure things this time! So here ya go, I'm sharing my Mexican restaurant-worthy recipe with you.


Beef Enchiladas Verdes
1-1 ½ lb roast (or whatever beef you want)
1 T lime juice
1 t cumin
1 t chile powder
1 ½ (15 oz) cans of green enchilada sauce
2 c cooked rice
Mexican blend grated cheese
10 medium-sized tortillas

Put beef in slow cooker and pour lime juice over it. Sprinkle cumin and chile powder over all sides of meat. Add about 1/3 cup enchilada sauce into slow cooker. Cook on low for about 5 hours, or until meat shreds easily. Shred beef. Meanwhile, prepare rice. Pour enough enchilada sauce into a 9x13 pan to cover the bottom. Place a spoonful of meat and a spoonful of rice on each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up and put in pan. Cover with more enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.


This last time I used Carlita brand enchilada sauce. Burke and I are Carlita's biggest fans. So far we've tried her salsa, cheese dips, and now green enchilada sauce..... we looove it. I'm glad I had some sauce left over because I will definitely be using it. (You could probably just use 1 can of sauce, but I just like to err on the side of too saucy rather than too dry.)


No comments:

Post a Comment