Sunday, March 11, 2012

Backyard beach

You might have heard through the grapevine, but we haven't been the biggest fans of our apartment. Last fall I did say we were planning to move to a different apartment, and we were looking pretty seriously, but in the end we decided not to. I'm glad for that decision. 

Living in a dumpy apartment isn't so bad. In fact, we have a lot to be grateful for. For instance, we don't have rats, or roaches, or serious plumbing problems (just a few small issues now and then). Mind you, I am doing some serious knocking on wood right now. But truly, it's not the end of the world to live in a small place with terrible floors, terrible windows, and blue fixtures in the bathroom. Besides, we have our beach.

And today, I'm really grateful for that beach. We took a walk out on our beach on this 65 degree Sunday, and it was another one of those days when I just have to thank my Heavenly Father. I miss being near mountains, or surrounded by lots of beautiful trees, and this area is just full of people. I do want to be in a place were you can  get away and "escape into nature" a bit easier. But if we have to live in such a crowded place, at least we live on the end of a tiny peninsula on the beach of the bay. There are still lots of people around, but if I look out just right, all that's in sight is the wide open ocean. 

Skipping rocks...tide was low






"...and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." 
Alma 30:44

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place to be. You are so good at seeing the silver lining!
    I hope you got your research paper done and that you were able to recover your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete